Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John M Provenza
Dr. John M Provenza, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Shreveport, LA, with other offices in Shreveport, LAttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr and Shreveport, LA . He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Provenza is affiliated with Willis-Knighton South & The Center for Women's Health. He speaks English.
Dr. John M Provenza has 3 locations
2508 Bert Kouns Industrial Loop
Shreveport, LA 71118
1534 Elizabeth Ave
Shreveport, LA 71101
Book Online Now
Dr. John M Provenza has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. John M Provenza has the following 8 expertise
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Celiac Disease
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Showing 5 of 7
Couldn't agree more about this guy
Self-verified patient of Dr. John M Provenza - Posted on March 7th, 2014
Self-verified patient of Dr. John M Provenza - Posted on July 3rd, 2012
Self-verified patient of Dr. John M Provenza - Posted on February 20th, 2012
WORSE experience EVER! DO NOT see him!
Self-verified patient of Dr. John M Provenza - Posted on April 4th, 2011
Do not go to see this doctor ever! He came to my appt. and told me "I didnt even open your chart to see what's your medical condition or your lab results, procedures etc. and Im not going too". Dr. Provenza is Unprofessional, Inaccurate in diagnosing a problem, doesn't know what he is talking about! Save your money and see someone else!
Pick another doctor if possible
Self-verified patient of Dr. John M Provenza - Posted on March 7th, 2011
I saw dr. provenza for problems with nausea and vomiting. He barely spoke to me (less than 5 minutes) the first time I met with him. He did tests and barely explained what he found in the report, I found out everything from the nurse. I know that he is busy, but you would think he would at least spend 2 minutes explaining the results! If this is the best shreveport has to offer then I believe I should move elsewhere!
Dr. Provenza is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 1984
Lsu Health Sciences
Dr. John M Provenza accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John M Provenza, MD - Gastroenterology in Shreveport, LA, in this video.
Dr. John M Provenza is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Shreveport, LA.