Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Aaron Newcomb has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
I have been going to him since Feb. of this year and he has done more than my previous doctor of 32 years. Some times they all have to look things up. Could you remember every med, etc. for all the medicines he could give you??? I am the one who keeps asking the same thing over and over sometimes. He is polite and most doctors wont perscribe narcotis unless they really have to.
Seems very nice,friendly & caring but apparently isn't knowledgeable enough about prescription narcotics. Doesn't seem to realize when 1 drug is a generic version of another. When he states I can't prescribe you this because it's a narcotic but prescribes you the exact thing, name brand at a higher dose, it's either he doesn't know what he's talking about or he's getting a kickback from the pharmeceutical co because the name brand is $400 for 28 pills. That is a definite problem & I do not recommend him because of this. One should have confidence in their Dr reguarding all prescriptions. Something here just doesn't add up
14 Years Experience
Kirksville College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 2004
Dr. Aaron Newcomb accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- Health Alliance HMO/POS
- Health Alliance PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsShawnee Healthcare, 400 S Lewis Ln, Carbondale, IL
Dr. Aaron Newcomb is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Carbondale, IL.