Get the facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including the conditions and medications that can cause it.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Aaron A Spitz
Dr. Aaron A Spitz, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Laguna Hills, CA. He has 26 years of experience. His specialties include Urology. Dr. Spitz is affiliated with South Coast Global Medical Center, Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center and Tustin Hospital. Dr. Spitz has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Aaron A Spitz has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Prostate Cancer
- Urologic Emergencies
- Bladder Issues
- Male Infertility
- Kidney Stones
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
Told me I was too fat (in not so many words) for a nephrostomy tube. Had one on the other side 3 months prior when I was 20 lbs heavier with no problem. Granted, it was a different hospital. He canceled my surgery less than an hour before I was supposed to have it. Discharged from hospital after a day with absolutely nothing done. He has soured me on the whole group.
I have been with Dr Spitz for a few years. He is always courtious and takes time to listen to my concerns. He asks if there is anything else I need before we end the appointment. Another issue I like about working with Dr. Spitz is his response to lab work. He will contact me and discuss the labwork without making me schedule an appointment. The conversation is about 5 minutes, but he responds and that is what is important. The staff are usually busy but they respond to me with respect and when we are talking they don't talk to others. Keeping me as the person they are talking to is always important to me and it shows good customer serive. His nurse who returns the calls is very knowledgeable about my case and will answer any questions I have or will respond after talking to the doctor within a day or two.
Dr. Spitz has gone to excellent universities but must have cut the compassion/empathy classes. And somewhere along the line he joined the "Doctor as God" school of thinking. I am not qualified to judge his skills as a doctor and he may well be excellent. So if you don't care about respect for a patient's time or feelings, he may be your man.
I went to get some tests done, but they never call me back with the results. when I finally talked to the nurse she told me that I needed to take more tests because they found some abnormality. My wife and I got worried so we were trying to get more information but she wouldn't explain. she said that doctor will call me back and explain. that's when I started having even more issues.1, Dr.Spitz never called me back. I called almost everyday to reach him. he only had the nurse to order me more tests without any explanation!!!2. I didn't have a choice but to take a more expensive test. I called that facility and talked to the doctor there. it turns out I didn't even need one of the test. He actually had to call Dr, Spitz and had to take care of the issue for me( funny how he was able to talk to DR. Spitz with no problem when I couldn't talk to him over 2 weeks!).3. I did the test and i am still waiting for the results for over 3 weeks( I was supposed to get the result in 2 weeks) so I called the office in Boston. AGAIN!!! he tells me Dr. Spitz is supposed to call me.I give up. I am still calling him hoping I can talk to him someday but this will be my last one. I wont be coming back to that place and I highly warn anyone who even considers visiting him. think again. you are just adding to the list for his insurance claims. Dr. Spitz is one of the more irresponsible and unprofessional doctor I've ever met.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Spitz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
26 Years Experience
Weill Cornell Medical College
Graduated in 1992
Lac Usc Medical Center
Dr. Aaron A Spitz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Humana Choice POS
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsOrange County Urology Associates, 25200 La Paz Rd Ste 200, Laguna Hills, CA
Dr. Aaron A Spitz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Laguna Hills, CA.