Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Abdul K Garuba has the following 2 specialties
- Critical Care Medicine
Also sometimes referred to as intensivists, critical care specialists are physicians with specialized training in the diagnosis and management of life-threatening conditions. Some of these conditions affect vital organs like the heart and lungs, those that make breathing difficult or impossible, and those that affect entire organ systems, like the renal system.
Critical care specialists are typically found in a hospital's intensive care unit where they monitor patients with life-threatening conditions and make determinations as to the best course of treatment.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Abdul K Garuba is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 37
Dr Garuba changed my blood pressure medicine and when I went back to tell him the medicine he gave me wasn't working he got angry. He was more concerned that I went back to my original medicine when my blood pressure wouldn't come down than the fact that my blood pressure had gotten to 158/102. My blood pressure normally runs no higher than 130/80. He got mad because he said my blood pressure wasn't critical until my top number breaks above 160 and that my normal blood pressure should be 150/90. Dr. Garuba is dangerously incompetent. The office never answered the phone and never returned my call even with a message about my blood pressure continuing to go up. Do not go to this Dr.
This is a year later and you can never get anyone on the phone! He needs a new staff, they are awful! No test results, No appt can be made, I had to go in the office just to make appt. That is not to mention that the Good Doctor told me I had a heart murmur that later turned out to be a FALSE alarm! How are they still in the medical business??
Dr. Garuba is the most caring doctor I have visited. He is never in a hurry. He spends what ever amount of time I need. He has found medical issues that other doctors had missed.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
33 Years Experience
Universidade De Sao Paulo (Usp)
Graduated in 1985
University Health Center Of Pittsburgh
Dr. Abdul K Garuba accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana North Carolina PPOx
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPolyclinic Medical Center Inc, 3030 Senna Dr, Matthews, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Abdul K Garuba in this video.
Dr. Abdul K Garuba is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Matthews, NC.