Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Adolph J Mares Jr
Dr. Adolph J Mares Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Harker Heights, TX. He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Mares is affiliated with Seton Medical Center Harker Heights. Dr. Mares has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Adolph J Mares Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Adolph J Mares Jr has the following 14 expertise
- Heart Failure
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Attack
- High Cholesterol
- Blood Clot
- Heart Block
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Diseases
Dr. Adolph J Mares Jr has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 45
Dr. Adolph Mares has been a God sent for me. Under his care I have had a triple by-pass, cardiac and carotid stent placements. All of my treatments and proceedures were elective and not emergencies. What a blessing to be cared for and monitored that closely. I am still being followed closely although I am in much better health. Thank God. I say thank you, to you Sir, and to your entire staff.
My wife and I had weight loss surgery 18 months ago. Dr. Mares encouraged us and stuck by us on this journey. He has become a good friend in our efforts to improve our lives. We enjoy his sense of humor and the staff is caring and supportive. I, personally, have never had to wait longer than 10 minutes to see Dr. Mares.
I've been going to Dr. Mares for 15 years following my quintuple coronary bypass in 2000. He has always been thorough, and his knowledge is excellent. He is concerned not only about my heart and its arteries/veins, but about all the arteries and veins in my body. He uses all the techonologies available to keep a close eye on my cardiac health. I recommend him without reservation.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2017)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2017)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Mares is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
Baylor College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Baylor College Of Medicine
Dr. Adolph J Mares Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Scott and White
- Scott and White PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsAustin Heart Foundation, 800 W Central Texas Expy Ste 355, Harker Heights, TX
Dr. Adolph J Mares Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Harker Heights, TX.