Is Dr. Afshin N Akhavan the right Doctor for you?
Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Afshin N Akhavan
Dr. Afshin N Akhavan, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Los Angeles, CA, with another office in Los Angeles, CA. He has 19 years of experience. His specialties include General Practice and Family Medicine. Dr. Akhavan is affiliated with Mountains Community Hospital and St Jude Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Afshin N Akhavan has 2 locations
Book Online Now
Dr. Afshin N Akhavan has the following 2 specialties
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.ttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Afshin N Akhavan has the following 11 expertise
- Women's Health
- Prenatal Care
- Weight Loss
- Geriatric Medicine
- Family Planning
- STD (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
Dr. Afshin N Akhavan is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
Self-verified patient of Dr. Afshin N Akhavan - Posted on June 2nd, 2016
I use to like this clinic but since they open the new clinic on vermont this place now is one of the worst the staff are so rude especially gigi n one of the girls who is on the front desk last time i got there at 11:30 am the girls from the front desk call me at 12:30 just to tell me to come back after 1 because they were going to lunch very unprofessional
Self-verified patient of Dr. Afshin N Akhavan - Posted on October 3rd, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Afshin N Akhavan - Posted on August 10th, 2015
great doctors in town.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Afshin N Akhavan - Posted on May 4th, 2014
Self-verified patient of Dr. Afshin N Akhavan - Posted on September 10th, 2013
Dr. Akhavan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
19 Years Experience
Schulich School Of Medicine At The University Of Western Ontario
Graduated in 1999
Lac Usc Medical Center
Dr. Afshin N Akhavan Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
LA Care Health
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Afshin N Akhavan
Dr. Afshin Akhavan is one of Los Angeles' leading physicians specializing in Family Medicine. He directs two clinics in Downtown Los Angeles that provide outstanding medical services to all men, women and children. Dr. Akhavan began the pursuit of medicine as an undergraduate at UCLA where he obtained his Bachelor of Science degrees. After receiving two degrees from USC, he attended Western University of Health Sciences, where he received his Osteopathic medical degree. Dr. Akhavan fulfilled his residency in Family Medicine at USC Keck School of Medicine, where he continues to serve as a volunteer faculty member. He is a servant of God and is loving and dedicated husband, father, son brother, uncle and loyal friend. Dr. Akhavan treat his patients, employees, colleagues and students no differently than his family - he has a great love for all, and a passion for practicing medicine. Dr. Akhavan's ultimate goal is to help every patient achieve his or her maximum health potential. He focuses on empowering his patient by educating them about their healthcare, and providing them with the tools they need to maximize their health. Dr. Akhavan and Casa de Salud lead the way in delivering complete medical treatment and preventative care.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Afshin N Akhavan is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.