Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Aileen A Shieu has the following 2 specialties
- Surgery of the Hand
Hand surgeons are certified surgeons who are also experts in the function and structure of your wrists, hands and forearms. This allows them to treat arthritis, carpal tunnel, trigger finger and tennis elbow, most of which tend to result from repetitive and excessive use of the corresponding joints, muscles, tendons and ligaments.
Hand surgeons also commonly work with patients who have fractures or broken bones from any kind of accident. If you're experiencing any kind of general pain in your hand, wrist or forearm that isn’t going away, a hand surgeon is probably your best resource.
- Ganglion Cysts
- Sports Injuries
- Cubital Tunnel Syndrome
- Tendon Injuries
- Dupuytren's Contracture
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Showing 5 of 8
It's true metaphorically, like people, like priest. Dr Shieu and her staff are awesome. It's rare to be in and out of any doctor's office in 30 minutes or less, but that has been my experience here. Everyone is a friendly as they are capable. Big kudos to Antonio, who customizes service impeccably. This practice is the perfect marriage of old-school customer (patient) service and clinical acumen. Thank you, Dr Shieu.
I came to Dr. Shieu as a referal from the ER at Sequoia Hospital. I had a broken arm and broken pinky finger. Dr. Shieu plated my broken arm and finger. I had NO pain after the surgeries, and the incision sites are invisible 3 months post surgery. Dr. Shieu is compassionate and explains everything in perfect detail. I have never recommended a doctor before, I haven't had much done to me, but if you need a great hand doctor, I highly recommend Dr. Shieu!
Dr. Shieu is great. She knew all my problems for my wrist (severe tendonitis and severe carpal tunnel) and took appropriate steps to get me better. She referred me to a hand/wrist therapist and that didn't work that much for me so I went back to Dr. Shieu and I opted for the cortisone shot for the tendonitis since that was bothering me more than the carpal. She is caring, although she does go by super fast with her appointments but that's because she KNOWS already and doesn't need to dance around the subject.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
17 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Aileen A Shieu accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAileen Shieu Md, 101 S San Mateo Dr Ste 111, San Mateo, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Aileen A Shieu in this video.
Dr. Aileen A Shieu is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Mateo, CA.