Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Aimee M Mackey
Dr. Aimee M Mackey, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New Orleans, LA, with other offices in Durham, NC and New Orleans, LA (and 1 other location). She has 12 years of experience. Her specialties include Surgical Oncology and Surgery. She speaks English.
Dr. Aimee M Mackey has 4 locations
407 Crutchfield St
Durham, NC 27704
1319 Jefferson Hwy
New Orleans, LA 70121
1514 Jefferson Hwy Fl 1
New Orleans, LA 70121
Book Online Now
Dr. Aimee M Mackey has the following 2 specialties
- Surgical Oncology
Surgical oncologists play various roles in treating cancer. They can perform biopsies to determine if a tumor is cancerous or not. If it is, they’re trained to remove the tumor, tissue, and in some cases, all or part of an organ or bodily structure where the cancer has spread. In addition to removing cancer, they can perform any reconstructive surgeries that may be necessary.
Many surgical oncologists specialize in certain types of cancer, such as liver, lung or breast. Don’t be afraid to ask them what they have the most experience treating. When looking for a doctor, it’s important to know that general surgeons are also qualified to perform many of the same surgeries. However, surgical oncologists have specific training in recognizing and treating cancer, which some patients prefer.
Dr. Aimee M Mackey has the following 4 expertise
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
Showing 1 of 1
Self-verified patient of Dr. Aimee M Mackey - Posted on November 2nd, 2012
She was very professional, and at the same time very caring.Her knowledge was "remarkable", it made me feel very at easy, and confident of'her diagnosis and treatments to follow.she was never in a hurry and answer all of my questions.And the staff were ALL the best!
12 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In Shreveport
Graduated in 2006
Dr. Aimee M Mackey Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS LA BlueConnect HMO POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Aimee M Mackey is similar to the following 4 Doctors near New Orleans, LA.