Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ajith Nair has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. Ajith Nair has the following 6 expertise
- Back Injuries
- Acute Pain
- Chronic Pain
- Cancer Pain
- Lower Back Pain
Dr. Ajith Nair has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Ajith Nair is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 73
Dr. Nair seems to be a very capable, patient, and through doctor. He does great work. However, the management of his practice and execution of his staff is atrocious. If you don't mind calling every single day to insure they are following up on insurance issues, clinical documentation, and the like, you may love this practice. As for me, doing their job for them is too much to ask when I'm already paying heavy healthcare insurance expense and high copays. I cannot recommend this practice.
This is a bad-tempered, rude, arrogant individual. He was going to help my daughter and sent to the required appts to be qualified for the spinal stimulator. She asked about pain pills, saying the ones she had did not help. I went with her, but he would not let me in the examination room at ANY time. He then sent her a registered letter cancelling her and not even recommending anyone else. I would not take my dog to him....
26 Years Experience
Rajiv Gandhi Medical College
Graduated in 1992
Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center
Dr. Ajith Nair accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Sagamore Plus
Locations & DirectionsKentuckiana Pain Specialists, 2831 S Hurstbourne Pkwy Ste A, Louisville, KY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ajith Nair in this video.
Dr. Ajith Nair is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Louisville, KY.