Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Akber Ahmad MD
Dr. Akber Ahmad, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Woodbridge, VA. He has 18 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. Akber Ahmad has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Akber Ahmad has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Akber Ahmad is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Self-verified patient of Dr. Akber Ahmad - Posted on September 16th, 2011
Self-verified patient of Dr. Akber Ahmad - Posted on October 10th, 2010
did not feel he was well informed about my condition
Self-verified patient of Dr. Akber Ahmad - Posted on September 29th, 2010
I felt Dr.Ahmad was disinterested in finding the best therapy for me but took the approach of lets prescribe the strongest antibiotic that will take care of any bacteria that may cost those symptoms. I got very sick from the prescribed antibiotic and had to pay for another antibiotic prescription. In his defense I like to ad that a Patient First environment is fostering this medical approach and I should find a good family practice where hopefully Dr's. Have more time to develop a relationship with their patient.
18 Years Experience
Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Drexel University/Hahnemann University Hospital
Dr. Akber Ahmad Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Aetna Innovation Health
- Aetna VA Signature Gold HMO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CIGNA HMO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsJAYALAKSHMI NAIR MD, 12825 Minnieville Rd, Woodbridge, VA
Dr. Akber Ahmad is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Woodbridge, VA.