Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Alan H Boyar
Dr. Alan H Boyar, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Antonio, TX, with another office in Roswell, NM. He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Allergy & Immunology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Boyar is affiliated with Eastern New Mexico Medical Center. Dr. Boyar has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Alan H Boyar has the following 2 specialties
- Allergy & Immunology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Food Allergy (Hypersensitivity)
- Hepatitis C
- Watery Eyes
- Hay Fever
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Viral Human Hepatitis
- Nasal Allergies
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
Showing 5 of 8
Doctor Boyar has been my physician for 19 years. He is an excellent allergist and internist. I had very challenging allergies to pollens and foods; multiple chemical sensitivities. I feel much better. He has a huge heart. Dr. B. does a lot of volunteer charity work and never even mentions it. I am very fortunate to have found him.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Boyar is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
Creighton University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Dr. Alan H Boyar accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
Imagine Health - Innovative Health
- Imagine Health Innovative Health
Imagine Health - SmartCare
- Imagine Health SmartCare
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Alan H Boyar in this video.
Dr. Alan H Boyar is similar to the following 0 Doctors near San Antonio, TX.