Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Alan J Cox has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Alan J Cox has the following 10 expertise
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Abdominal Pain
- Hepatitis C
- Ulcerative Colitis
Showing 5 of 13
I have been seeing Dr. Cox I think since he was first in with Dr. Bronner, the physician who started the practice. I adore Dr. Cox for his caring manner and his desire to fight off my pain and the issues that cause me to have problems eating many foods that I really miss. In the past two years he has had to do three or four endoscopes to open up my esophagus so that I'm able to swallow food properly without choking, which is quite a frightening experience. Thankfully Dr. Cox has such good technique with the scopes, I have been out of pain within 24 hours of each procedure and able to eat most of the foods I really enjoy!
Dr. Cox is one of the most caring physicians I have encountered in my thirty plus years of chronic health problems. He puts me totally at ease during each office visit, with his easy going manner and goes the "extra mile" to make in-patient hospital stays as positive and safe as possible. He is an excellent diagnostician, who listens to each of my complaints; I never feel like he is trying to hurry me in order to finish and move on to the next patient. His office staff is very caring as well. The saying, "fish rot from the head down" applies to his staff; Dr. Cox sets the tone in his office with his positive attitude, thus his employees mirror his actions by being friendly and caring as well. I feel very lucky to have him in my team of physicians.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
28 Years Experience
University Of Louisville School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
University Of Louisville School Of Medicine
Dr. Alan J Cox accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem IN Pathway X Bronze Direct CACA HIX
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
Bluegrass Family Health
- Baptist Health Community Care Network
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Louisville HMOx
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
SIHO Insurance Services
- SIHO Network
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsLouisville Gastroenterology Associates, 1169 Eastern Pkwy Ste G58, Louisville, KY
Dr. Alan J Cox is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Louisville, KY.