Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Alan Masia has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
Dr Masia is a little talky, but he is also very sincere, knowledgible, and nice and likes to explain things about the illness and the medicines. He is strongly pro-vaccine and likes to tell of his sister almost dying of measles in the late-fifties. His office is very small and personal. When he says he will call back with a lab pr X-ray, he always does.
Dr. Masia is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Riverview Medical Center
Community Medical Center
Richmond University Medical Center
Clara Maass Medical Center
SVCMC St Vincent's Hospital Richmond
Staten Island University South
Staten Island University Hospital North
Monmouth Medical Center
St Barnabas Medical Center
Kimball Medical Center
St Vincents Catholic Medical Center
Saint Vincents Catholic Medical Centers of NY Bayley Seton
Riverview Medical Center-Meridian Health System
33 Years Experience
New York University
Graduated in 1980
Dr. Alan Masia accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions101 2nd St, Lakewood, NJ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Alan Masia in this video.
Dr. Alan Masia is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lakewood, NJ.