Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Alan Stockard
Dr. Alan Stockard, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Lakeside, TX. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine, General Practice and Sports Medicine. Dr. Stockard is affiliated with Harris Continued Care Hospital, Jps Health Network and Plaza Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Alan Stockard has the following 3 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Osteopathic Manipulation
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Stockard is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Harris Continued Care Hospital
Jps Health Network
Plaza Medical Center
Wise Regional Health System
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest Fort Worth
Harris Methodist - Springwood
Harris Methodist H E B
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Azle
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Of Dallas
Wise Regional Medical Ctr
TX Health Fort Worth
37 Years Experience
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Northlake Regional Medical Center
Dr. Alan Stockard accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUniversity of North Texas Hsc, 164 Oakwood Ct, Lakeside, TX
Dr. Alan Stockard is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lakeside, TX.