Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Alan I Taranto
Dr. Alan I Taranto, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Atlanta, GA. He has 50 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease. Dr. Taranto is affiliated with Dekalb Medical Center, Piedmont Atlanta Hospital and Wellstar Atlanta Medical Center. Dr. Taranto has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Alan I Taranto has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Heart Failure
- High Cholesterol
- Preventive Medicine
- Heart Diseases
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Stress Testing
- Blood Clot
- Electrocardiography (EKG)
- Heart Attack
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Chest Pain (Angina)
- Heart Block
- Unstable Angina
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
He is a direct communicator, always has been the 40 years I've know him. Compassionate but firm in describing his reccomendations--its serious business to him and I am sure he sees the results of unfortunate people who do not take care of their health. See this man and do what he tells you !!! You won't regret it.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2014, 2010, 2012, 2009, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Taranto is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
50 Years Experience
Emory University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1968
Grady Memorial Hospital
Dr. Alan I Taranto accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsEmory Heart And Vascular Center At St Jos, 5671 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd Ste 300, Atlanta, GA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Alan I Taranto in this video.
Dr. Alan I Taranto is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Atlanta, GA.