Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Albert Cram
Dr. Albert Cram, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Coralville, IA. He has 47 years of experience. His specialties include Plastic Surgery and General Surgery. Dr. Cram is affiliated with Washington County Hospital & Clinics, Mercy Hospital-Iowa City and University Of Iowa Hospital & Clinic. Dr. Cram has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Albert Cram has the following 2 specialties
- Plastic Surgery
A plastic surgery specialist is a physician with extensive training in the execution of plastic surgery procedures.
Plastic surgery is the use of surgical procedures to rebuild or reshape injured or misshapen body parts. Congenital defects, such as a cleft lip or palate, can be corrected by a plastic surgery specialist. Injuries sustained during auto accidents also may require the services of a plastic surgery specialist. These procedures fall under the category of reconstructive plastic surgery.
The other category of plastic surgery is cosmetic plastic surgery. Plastic surgery specialists often perform procedures like breast augmentation, face lifts, tummy tucks, liposuction, and lip injection as elective surgeries for patients who wish to make aesthetic improvements.
- General Surgery
A surgical specialist is a physician who has additional training in a specific area of surgery.
The American Board of Medical Specialties acknowledges the following surgical specialties: general surgery, thoracic and cardiac surgery, colon and rectal surgery, obstetrics and gynecological surgery, neurological surgery, ophthalmic surgery, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthopedic surgery, otolaryngological surgery, pediatric surgery, plastic surgery, urological surgery, and vascular surgery.
Some procedures are performed by more than one type of specialist. Also, some surgeons may choose to specialize in specific procedures within their specialty area. For example, a plastic and maxillofacial surgeon may specialize in performing rhinoplasty procedures.
Dr. Albert Cram has the following 9 expertise
- Breast Surgery (Mammaplasty)
- Cosmetic Surgery
- Cosmetic Surgery (Aesthetic Procedures)
- Hair Restoration
- Laser Resurfacing
- Reconstructive Surgery
- Skin Cancer
- Skin Transplantation (Dermatoplasty)
Dr. Albert Cram has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Albert Cram is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Cram is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University Of Iowa Hospital & Clinic
47 Years Experience
University of Nebraska
Graduated in 1969
University Of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsIOWA CITY PLASTIC SURGERY, 501 12th Ave, Coralville, IA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Albert Cram in this video.
Dr. Albert Cram is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Coralville, IA.