Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Albert Y Chen has the following 1 specialty
Dr. Albert Y Chen has the following 2 expertise
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
Showing 5 of 5
When I called to make an appointment for a 2nd opinion for my son, I was told the first visit cost would be between $50 and $100, depending on what was done, plus any labs, etc. Dr. Chen spent time answering questions we had, and actually solved an issue that had been perplexing even his original surgeon.The problem came at payment. For the exact same thing that the original surgeon charges $44 for (office visit and check surgery incision) this doctor's office staff charged $622.00!!!! I, of course, was actually shocked and thought they were joking, but no, they weren't. After saying I was told the charge would be between $50 and $100 maximum, the girl checked a code book. She said that the procedure (wiping a q-tip with silver nitrate on it along the incision) was a surgery procedure and costs $622.00. I asked to see Dr. Chen. The girl went to her supervisor, who talked with Dr. Chen, who said he didn't realize the code said the charge was so much. He said to just charge the office fee. THAT fee, which was supposed to be between $50 and $100 - turned out to be $178.00. Moral of the story - if you do decide to see this doctor, who is a great doctor - don't be surprised if you get TOTALLY RIPPED OFF by the office staff, as well as lied to. I should have made a recording of the original call asking for an appointment.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Chen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Dr. Albert Y Chen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Banner Health Network HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net AZ HMO ExcelCare Network
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsBanner Health Clinic, 1920 N Higley Rd Ste 308, Gilbert, AZ
Dr. Albert Y Chen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Gilbert, AZ.