Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Alberto L Castiel has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Binge Eating Disorder
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 40
Dr. Castiel is someone I recommend to many people. I am in the health industry and am impressed each time I see him. he is very informative and he seriously cares about your health/ He looks for solutions that actually lead you to healthy decisions. I will continue to use him as my health care professional along with my entire family.
At the beginning, when I started going (about 2 year ago), the doctor was very friendly. Always in a teaching mode explaining why we had the symptoms and how to correct them. The staff has always been very disorganize. Records are always out order. Once I showed the doctor because he was trying to tell me things were wrong when I know my lab results were better, he realize he was looking at an incorrect lab results. In the past year thing have change a lot. Many time I have been put on hold for longer than 45 minutes and when I complained to the office manager she was disrespectful and didn't care. The prescription are handle by a PA who is very rude, and at time I had to tell him that he was rude and disrespectful. The last two things that cause me to leave was after I had specifically asked to pick up a prescription, the staff fax the prescription to a company I use for different prescriptions. The next day I received a call to cancel a schedule appointment 30 minutes before the appointment. The staff said she just got notified the doctor was not in. One day later I tried to complain to the office manager, and her response in a very non-caring way was that she saw the confusion about my prescription ok because it could be normal for the staff to get confused with the way I had my prescription going to two different place. And in relation to the cancelled appointment they call me when they found out. For some reason it gave me the impression she didn't care and after many incidents of mishandling many issue in three year it was time to find a doctor that had people that care and people that acted professional. The doctor is very knowledgeable but the experience overall is horrible.
Dr. Castiel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University Of Florida Health Shands Hospital
Dr. Alberto L Castiel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsGlobal Family Care, 1677 Wells Rd Ste C, Orange Park, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Alberto L Castiel in this video.
Dr. Alberto L Castiel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Orange Park, FL.