Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Alberto A Penalver
Dr. Alberto A Penalver, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Miami, FL, with other offices in Winston Salem, NC and Flemington, NJ (and 3 other locations). He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Penalver has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Alberto A Penalver has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Mental Illness
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
This is by far, the worst doctor I have ever come across. It is beyond me how this person even obtained a license to become a medical doctor. Aside from wanting to release a psychiatric patient within less than 48 hours after attempting suicide, he was unprofessional, unethical, pompous, and downright rude to their patient and family. As a result of his demeanor and his unprofessional manner, it caused my mentally ill relative great emotional distress to the point where started uncontrollably shaking.If you are currently receiving treatment from this doctor and/or the relative of someone assigned to this general contractor physician, please seriously consider another psychiatrist.
Dr. Penalver is not only a great Doctor,but an excellent person. I really appreciated all the great things he has done for me.
33 Years Experience
University Of Miami Leonard M Miller School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Umass Memorial Medical Center
Dr. Alberto A Penalver accepts the following insurance providers.
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Alberto A Penalver in this video.
Dr. Alberto A Penalver is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Miami, FL.