Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Alec Pearlstein
Dr. Alec Pearlstein, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Beverly Hills, CA, with another office in Los Angeles, CA. He has 43 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Pearlstein is affiliated with Cedars-Sinai Medical Center and Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center. Dr. Pearlstein has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Alec Pearlstein has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Alec Pearlstein has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Alec Pearlstein is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
I've been lucky to have been treated by Dr. Pearlstein for - I guess it's about 25 years. He's the kind of doctor they used to make movies about, kindly, knowledgeable, returns your calls ... but most of all, he knows more medicine than most specialists, just as an internist should. He has a small practice, with a terrific staff (Lila is the best!), and before I qualified for Medicare, he would allow me to pay a little at a time for his services. They better make more doctors like this, because that's where medical care is headed ...
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors (2012, 2013)
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise. Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors ()
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Pearlstein is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center
43 Years Experience
University Of California Los Angeles David Geffen School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1973
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. Alec Pearlstein accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Alec Pearlstein is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Beverly Hills, CA.