Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Alex B Altamirano has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.<br>He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Alex B Altamirano has the following 13 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Geriatric Psychiatry
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Sleep Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
Showing 1 of 1
Self-verified patient of Dr. Alex B Altamirano - Posted on June 19th, 2013
Dr. Alex B. Altimarano helped me more than any other doctor. I have had psychological problems since I was a child. I am 32. The medications I have been on in my life has ranged from A-Z...Literally!!! My diagnosae are severe long term depression, anxiety, intense OCD, ADD, Tourette Syndrome with mild all the way to very intense TICS (if you were to see me in an "episode" you would call 911 because it looks like a seizure), insomnia, Type 2 Bipolar Disorder and numerous other non-psychological problems (back, neck, shoulder pain etc.). Out of the 50 ish MDs I have seen Dr. Altimarano was able to help me with become a functional human being without having to take 17 different medications. When I first saw him I couldn't even finish a statement without having to say every other word 3 times because of my OCD and having constant TICS 90% of the day. The only thing that I did all day was lay in bed. If it wasn't for him I would be in a much worse place in my life...if I was lucky. If you are able to get him as your Psychiatrist...keep him. There isn't any better.
18 Years Experience
Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia
Graduated in 2000
Mount Sinai School Of Medicine At Elmhurst
Dr. Alex B Altamirano accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Alex B Altamirano is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Palmer, MA.