The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Alex H Ray
Dr. Alex H Ray, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Newton Center, MA, with other offices in Providence, RI and Lincoln, RI . He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatrics and Allergy and Immunology. Dr. Ray is affiliated with Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital - Plymouth and Newton-Wellesley Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Alex H Ray has 3 locations
1056 Hope St
Providence, RI 02906
Book Online Now
Dr. Alex H Ray has the following 2 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Allergy and Immunology
An allergy & immunology specialist is a physician who is specially trained in matters pertaining to chronic and acute allergies, as well as deficiencies of the immune system. The doctor will determine whether an allergy, which attacks our immune system, is present. They'll also determine the cause, whether it be environmental triggers like trees and pollen, food-borne like peanuts and dairy, the venom of insects like bees, or a medication like penicillin.
In addition to determining the allergen causing an immunological response in a patient, the specialist will treat the symptoms caused by the reaction.
Dr. Alex H Ray has the following 12 expertise
- Hay Fever
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Food Allergy (Hypersensitivity)
- Food Allergies
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
- Watery Eyes
Dr. Alex H Ray is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Self-verified patient of Dr. Alex H Ray - Posted on August 11th, 2009
It takes at least an hour and a half to get allergy shots at each appointment (should take under 30 minutes). He is abrupt and condescending. I had a severe allergic reaction and he told me I was fine to just take Zyrtec. I ended up in the hospital with anaphylactic shock. I would strongly suggest finding a different allergist.
Dr. Ray is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical Branch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
New England Medical Center
Dr. Alex H Ray Accepts the Following Insurance
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Alex H Ray is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Newton Center, MA.