Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Alexander J Asch
Dr. Alexander J Asch, MD is a Doctor primarily located in North Reading, MA, with other offices in Melrose, MA and Melrose, MA . He has 46 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatrics. Dr. Asch is affiliated with Brigham And Womens Outpatient Pharmacy, New England Baptist Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Alexander J Asch has 3 locations
50 Tremont St Ste 106
Melrose, MA 02176
Book Online Now
Dr. Alexander J Asch has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Alexander J Asch has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Alexander J Asch is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
Two daughters are patients
Self-verified patient of Dr. Alexander J Asch - Posted on September 24th, 2018
Dr. Asch is great. Incredibly responsive and attentive to the children. He is simply the best.
good experiences over many years.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Alexander J Asch - Posted on September 11th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Alexander J Asch - Posted on April 22nd, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Alexander J Asch - Posted on September 5th, 2011
Not all doctors are good! Dr. Asch, fortunately, is one of the best. His diagnoses are quick and accurate, and my children have had quite a range of illnesses. He gets right down to business, and that is what I want. After an experience with a pedi who missed some pretty obvious illnesses, I want someone who "nails it". Dr. Asch is that doctor. I don't need verbal reassurance and chit chat time with him. (And I am a chatterbug.) You won't get that. But we therefore rarely have to wait more than 5 or 10 minutes to see him. I have heard other moms complain of his bedside manner. However, if you pay close attention, you'll catch his quiet, wry sense of humor. Most importantly, your children will be in great care.
Skip this pediatrician
Self-verified patient of Dr. Alexander J Asch - Posted on August 18th, 2011
This Doctor should have a neon sign and a drive through window in his office. They are the most money hungry doctors I have ever seen. They charge for everything from a transfer of records and god forbid you dont bring your copay their "receptionist" will drag you back in their waiting room which is packed to capacity regardless of time of day. He spends no more than 10 minutes a patient and has a terrible bedside manner for a peditrician,office staff is terrible,Dr needs to revist why he's supposed to be in practice. If he wanted to make a million a year he should've gone to law school. Shame on him.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Asch is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
46 Years Experience
- Johns Hopkins University
Strong Memorial Hospital
Dr. Alexander J Asch Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Alexander J Asch is similar to the following 4 Doctors near North Reading, MA.