Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Alexander Miller
Dr. Alexander Miller, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Diego, CA. He has 10 years of experience. His specialties include Emergency Medicine and Medical Toxicology. Dr. Miller is affiliated with Desert Regional Medical Center, UC San Diego Medical Center and Scripps Mercy Hospital - Chula Vista Campus. He speaks English.
Dr. Alexander Miller has the following 2 specialties
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
- Medical Toxicology
A medical toxicologist treats drug overdoses, whether intentional or unintentional, but they also study the specific effects various drugs and medications have on our health in specific doses. In addition to drug-related illnesses, a toxicologist can treat poisonous bug bites, snake bites and reactions to toxic plants or food.
Toxicologists can also treat and diagnose exposure to any kind of toxic chemicals, gases (such as carbon monoxide) or pesticides as well as lead, mercury and arsenic poisoning. If you work in or live close to industrial facilities, you might worry about exposure to certain chemicals and gases that would adversely affect your body’s normal function. Don't hesitate to consult with a toxicologist about your specific concerns.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Miller is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Desert Regional Medical Center
UC San Diego Medical Center
Scripps Mercy Hospital - Chula Vista Campus
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Naval Medical Center San Diego - Balboa
Children's Hospital Los Angeles
UC San Diego Health System
10 Years Experience
Chicago Medical School At Rosalind Franklin University Of Medicine & Science
Graduated in 2003
Dr. Alexander Miller accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNaval Medical Center San Diego - Balboa, 34800 Bob Wilson Dr, San Diego, CA
Dr. Alexander Miller is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Diego, CA.