Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Alexander Scagnelli has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
Dr. Alexander Scagnelli has the following 13 expertise
- Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Personality Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Clinical Depression
- Mood Disorders
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
Showing 5 of 31
Guy does not care about his patients at all. He is rude and talks down to you. I saw him for six month for ocd and depression. Put me on Prozac which had horrible side effect. When I tried to explain what was going on it was like he wasn't even listening. Appointments lasted about 30 seconds to a minute on average.
This practice clearly is not conscious of patient. Vital signs are not check, weight not checked, clearly a mill of prescription after prescription. I would be surprised if they are making money on prescribing "new" more expensive medication. I think this practice needs to be reported to State agencies for investigation of practices.
I saw Dr Scagnelli for approximately 10 years and was always treated with the utmost respect and found him to be the most caring compassionate Punch Dr that I ever went to. He truly cared about my wellbeing even when I went through a period where I couldnt afford to go. He cared more about me and my family then the money. He provided me with samples from the drop reps when I did not have the money to buy them. I owe Dr Scagnelli my life and it really bothers me to read such negative comments about him. I gave known many others who gets helped as well. I will say though. Other than Julie, the rest of the staff should be either retrained in how to treat people or just get rid of them. There are too many people looking for work and I'd like to think they would be much friendlier than the current staff. It's hard enough going to see a psychiatrist with the stigma that unfortunately still happens in this day and age. You would think they could be a bit more warm and welcoming instead of acting like you just inconvenienced them. So Dr Scagnelli and Julie, you are the best in my book!
Dr. Scagnelli is a nice guy, but he's basically a prescription writer who has no qualms about throwing you one or two prescriptions for antidepressants and then scheduling you to come back one a month. Once a month! For brand new medication! I could probably walk in and ask for valium and he'd write me a prescription for a bottle of 60. I feel like he's there to write me a fix-all prescription for pills
29 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 1989
Westchester Medical Center
Dr. Alexander Scagnelli accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
BCBS Rhode Island
- BCBS RI HealthMate Coast to Coast
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim ElevateHealth HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsDr Scagnelli Group, 889 Centerville Rd, Warwick, RI
Dr. Alexander Scagnelli is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Warwick, RI.