Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Alexander S Voljavec has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Sports Medicine
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 37
Dr. V is very knowledgeable and comprehensive in his approach to medical care. He listens to the patient and you feel very comfortable discussing medical concerns with him. His personalized, sincere and caring medical philosophy is not easy to find in today's medical community. Excellent family doctor!
It was my first visit and the Dr. walked in asking questions about problems I didn't even have (as he was reviewing my paperwork.) Seemed rushed and didn't take the time to really review my situation/history. Didnt seem to really be listening to me. I'm 45 and he didn't think a digital prostrate exam was necessary - even though I told him I was urinating more than normal. Finally, they said a PSA blood test was done and was normal, but none was actually done. Sloppy work and not happy at all. Nice guy, but I will definitely change docs.
Dr Voljavec is by far one of the best Dr's that I have come in contact within a longtime. He has great bed side manners and cares about his patients. He doesn't think of you as most Dr's do as a chart #, a copay and rush you out the door. He gets to the root of the problem and make sure that whatever your chief complaint is addressed. He treats his staff with the up most respect. When you are sick even if the schedule is overbooked he will see you. That is what I call excellent patient care service this is what being a Dr is all about.
If you like your Dr. to be honest and straight forward with you. Dr. V is for you. He is smart and motivating when it comes to your health. One of the best Doctors I have had the pleasure of meeting .
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
33 Years Experience
Emory University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Dr. Alexander S Voljavec accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Alexander S Voljavec in this video.
Dr. Alexander S Voljavec is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Roswell, GA.