Get the facts about allergic asthma, including who gets it and what the most common symptoms are.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Alexandre B Carvalho
Dr. Alexandre B Carvalho, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Sunnyvale, TX. His specialties include Pulmonary Disease and Sleep Medicine. Dr. Carvalho is affiliated with Baylor Scott And White Medical Center Garland and Baylor Scott And White Medical Center White Rock. Dr. Carvalho has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Alexandre B Carvalho has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Sleep Medicine
A sleep medicine specialist is specially trained in diagnosing and treating disorders involving sleep.
Sleep disorders such as sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome and insomnia are very common and can often cause other serious health issues, such as depression, asthma, and migraines. Sleep medicine specialists often work in sleep centers where they observe a patient while sleeping and monitor brain waves, behavior, and vital signs in order to identify the causes of sleep disturbance, or an inability to sleep (insomnia).
Sleep medicine specialists treat patients through advising on sleep hygiene, providing cognitive behavioral therapy, using light therapy, or medical sleep aides.
- Angiographic Visualization
- Chest Infection
- Sleep Disorders
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Tuberculosis (TB)
Showing 5 of 13
The most cruel and rude doctor I have met in my life. He told me my breathing issues were in my head and that we were wasting each other's time. I have had to use an inhaler for 25+ years and have bad allergies. I have been exposed to black mold for 1.5 years and merely wanted to find out if that was in my lungs as my symptoms had worsened. He said my other doctors did not know what they were doing and that I was just having anxiety!!! I was in shock at the way he treated me. I have also worked in healthcare for over 20 years. I will not be back and am reporting him to the board. His behavior was uncalled for, irresponsible and inaccurate. He could have referred me to an allergist, but instead chose to make fun of me and dismiss me as someone who believed my inhaler made me psychologically feel better. The most odd thing I have heard in my life. The whole experience was surreal.
Dr. Carvalho is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Montefiore Medical Center
Dr. Alexandre B Carvalho accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
Imagine Health - SmartCare
- Imagine Health SmartCare
- Multiplan PPO
Scott and White
- Scott and White PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAlexandre Bandeira De Carvalho Md, 270 S Collins Rd Ste 300, Sunnyvale, TX
Dr. Alexandre B Carvalho is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sunnyvale, TX.