- Ulcerative Colitis Get the facts about ulcerative colitis, including what causes it, signs and symptoms, and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Psoriatic Arthritis Get the facts about psoriatic arthritis, including who gets it, the symptoms, and the different types.
- Adult Asthma Get the facts about adult asthma, including who gets it, what triggers it, and how allergies can affect it.
- Fibromyalgia Get the facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions that may be related to it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ali Hendi has 2 locations
Dr. Ali Hendi has the following 1 SPECIALTIES
Dr. Ali Hendi has the following 14 expertise
- Carcinoma in Situ
- Actinic Keratosis
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- Mohs Surgery (Dermatological Surgery)
- Basal Cell
- Extramammary Paget's Disease
- Skin Cancer
- Skin Biopsy
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Ali Hendi Accepts the Following Insurance
- 5454 Wisconsin Ave Ste 725 Chevy Chase , MD 20815
- 5454 Wisconsin Ave Ste 725 Chevy Chase , MD : (301) 986-1006
More about Dr. Ali Hendi
Dr. Hendi graduated, with honors (Cum Laude and Phi Beta Kappa), from the University of Miami with a degree in Microbiology and Immunology. In 1999, he received his Doctor of Medicine degree, with highest honors (Alpha Omega Alpha) from the University of Miami School of Medicine as a member of the accelerated Medical Scholars Program. He received his training in Internal Medicine and Dermatology at the University of Pittsburgh. Thereafter, he pursued fellowship training in Mohs and reconstructive surgery under the directorship of Drs. John A. Zitelli, and David G. Brodland, former presidents of the American College of Mohs Surgery (ACMS). In 2004 Dr. Hendi joined the Department of Dermatology at Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Florida as the youngest faculty on staff. There he served as a skin cancer specialist and Mohs surgeon dedicated to providing exceptional service, research and resident education. As an Assistant Professor of Dermatology, Dr. Hendi was the primary investigator of two research projects, with implications on melanoma diagnosis and wound healing. Dr. Hendi has published over 20 peer-reviewed articles and book chapters. His most recent book, the Atlas of Skin Cancers, was published in 2011. He serves as a reviewer for the journal Dermatologic Surgery. He is a frequent speaker at national and international meetings and the inventor of the Hendi-Frazier, and Hendi-Roth skin hooks. In 2008 he relocated to the Washington DC area and opened a state of the art surgical facility, dedicated to the treatment of skin cancers, in Chevy Chase, Maryland. He continues to be active in the academic arena, and is involved in resident education at Georgetown University / Washington Hospital Center Dermatology Residency Program. He is also a Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine (Dermatology) at the Georgetown University Medical Center. He is board certified in dermatology, and a fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology and the American College of Mohs Surgery.