Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ali A Jaffar
Dr. Ali A Jaffar, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Amarillo, TX. He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Jaffar is affiliated with Northwest Texas Healthcare System and Baptist St Anthony's Health System - Baptist Campus. Dr. Jaffar has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Ali A Jaffar has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Failure
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Block
- Heart Attack
- High Cholesterol
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
- Blood Clot
Showing 5 of 11
He was only interested in giving me more pills and uses out dated equipment. He canceled my follow up appointment after I was in the ER. It took his nurse 3 days to get back to me when I was having a bad reaction to one of the pills he prescribed for me. It was the best thing I could have done when I got a different cardiologist.
Dr. Jaffar is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
Kilpauk Medical College
Graduated in 1986
University Of Missouri Health System
Dr. Ali A Jaffar accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- FirstCare PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAli A Jaffar Md, 3501 S Soncy Rd Ste 144, Amarillo, TX
Dr. Ali A Jaffar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Amarillo, TX.