Get the facts about allergic asthma, including who gets it and what the most common symptoms are.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Ali Mojaverian
Dr. Ali Mojaverian, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Peoria, AZ, with other offices in Surprise, AZ and Phoenix, AZ (and 2 other locations). He has 27 years of experience. His specialties include Pulmonary Disease and Critical Care Medicine. Dr. Mojaverian has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Ali Mojaverian has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Critical Care Medicine
Also sometimes referred to as intensivists, critical care specialists are physicians with specialized training in the diagnosis and management of life-threatening conditions. Some of these conditions affect vital organs like the heart and lungs, those that make breathing difficult or impossible, and those that affect entire organ systems, like the renal system.
Critical care specialists are typically found in a hospital's intensive care unit where they monitor patients with life-threatening conditions and make determinations as to the best course of treatment.
Dr. Ali Mojaverian has the following 23 expertise
- Pulmonary Sarcoidosis
- Pulmonary Emphysema (COPD)
- Cheyne-Stokes Respiration
- Disorders of Excessive Sleepiness (Hypersomnia)
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Pulmonary Embolism
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Valley Fever (Coccidioidomycosis)
- Intrinsic Sleep Disorders
- Critical Care
- REM Sleep Behavior Disorder
- Angiographic Visualization
- Respiratory Failure
- Chronic Bronchitis
- Chest Infection
Dr. Ali Mojaverian has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 17
Follow up after stay at Thunderbird hospital with extreme pain, was sent home to take half pain meds that were prescribed in the hospital after draining my lung. Dr. Mojaverian thought my fluid was valley fever after reviewing several ct scans done in the hospital. With severe pain I went to Mayo hospital where they did ct scans and and tested the fluid that was drained from my lungs and found I had stage 4 lung cancer. See this doctor at your own risk!!!!!
Dr. Mojaverian is always pleasant and helpful. He answeres questions and takes the time to listen to questions and concerns. He suggested that I should have a flu shot. When i told him that the only time I had received a flu shot in the past, I became more ill than when I did not have a flu shot. He said "okay, you do not need a flu shot unless you want one". I appreciate that! Thank You Dr. Mojavarian!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
27 Years Experience
Shahid Beheshti University Of Medical Sciences
Graduated in 1991
Mount Sinai School Of Medicine
Dr. Ali Mojaverian accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Banner Health Network HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Humana Phoenix HMOx
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Ali Mojaverian is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Peoria, AZ.