Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Alice W Asby
Alice W Asby is a Doctor primarily located in Belmont, MA. Her specialties include Psychiatry. She speaks English.
Book Online Now
Alice W Asby has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Alice W Asby has the following 13 expertise
- Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Clinical Depression
- Bipolar Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
Alice W Asby is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 6
If you get this woman referred to you, avoid her like the plague. She is hostile and authoritarian. I have expressed my wish, many times, to have a friendly partnership, in my treatment. Her response was to slam her fist down on her desk and tell me "that we will never be friends!". I didn't ask her for a friendship but that the relationship be cordial. She exhibited her unwillingness to listen and ask pertinent questions because I had expressed my concerns that we were not getting along (unlike the relationships with my other treaters). She is a tally taker. She has a list of questions to check off but she is not interested in the person. She doesn't allow for questions or other viewpoints and shuts down all conversation. Worst of all, she uses threats like, "if you miss an appointment with me I'll be forced to do something." But, she leaves you hanging with what the consequences will be. So, as a client, you are left to speculate. She doesn't give out her business phone number, doesn't make her own appointments and doesn't return phone and emails even when its iniatated by another therapist, in regards to your treatment. We tried for 4 weeks without a response. And, she never smiles. She just opens her door, looks at me and nods. It is meant to intimidate and gives an air of coldness and power. It is a very unpleasant feeling. One that I do not like experiencing everytime I see her. Oh. One last thing that bothers me because my previous psychiatrists acted opposite of her, in every way; Asby never gives a 90 day supply so that you can get your medicatios cheaper, by mail. (I have been on the same meds for 4 years.)
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsMcLean Hospital, 115 Mill St, Belmont, MA
Alice W Asby is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Belmont, MA.