Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Alice Chu has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Surgery
A pediatric surgeon is a qualified surgeon who has additional training in performing surgery on young patients, including fetuses (neonatal or fetal surgery), infants, children, adolescents and teenagers.
Because pediatric patients are still growing and developing, they are often more difficult to operate on than adults. These patients have smaller bodies and smaller organs requiring even more of a precise and measured approach by a surgeon.
Some of the conditions that may require the care of a pediatric surgeon are congenital malformations, such as cleft lip and palate, abdominal wall defects, like hernias, deformities of the chest wall, childhood tumors, like neuroblastomas and separation of conjoined twins.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
I was referred to her by our daughter's pediatrian. I went it was an acceptable exam and conversation. Then we were referred to Jessica Sanchez with hanger clinic. Be aware go else where. We live in NYC. Now I would like to talk to her. It's not happening. I have been to more doctors through NYU than I would like to think about. She is by far the most troubling.
I used to love Dr. Chu, but since she diagnosed me with Lupus over two years ago I haven't seen her. They schedule me to see her physician's assistant. The level of care in this office has gone down dramatically. The staff is rude and incompetent. The PA is very nice, but not helpful with my illness at all. I feel like I'm just going every 3 months so they can collect their money. Looking for a new rheumatologist. Very unhappy with they way this place has become.
It took MONTHS to get an appointment with her. Our first meeting, we waiting over an hour to only have her see my daughter which was 2yrs old at the time with in-toe issue for 5 minutes by her assistant and less than 2 minutes with her. She appear as if we were making a big deal for nothing and stated "give her time, in-toe is common but physical therapy may help build up correct muscle memory" OKAY!! We schedule a appointment for 6 months as she advised to come back if we have concerns--we did but this appointment was terrible!! Again a long wait and then she went on to stated" your child will NOT be a soccer player or figure skater. this is she the way she was made!!" By this time she was 2.8 yrs old and her in-toe and constant falling decrease with help from Early intervention physical therapy service since the last visit. Her tone and the manner of her words, basically made us feel bad. Nonetheless with her attitude and comment about things that were not related(i want her to be safe walking in the street without falling over her own feet instead of playing sport!!) --we searched for second opinion. We met with Dr. Sheldon Simon affiliated with Beth Israel Medical Clinic. He REASSURED us that this common and actually she has strong frame because how her THIGH BONE is form and nothing will help but time. His explanation was kind, compassionate, and understandable---aspects of Dr. Chu personality lacks badly!! Don't visit if you want to understand and feel confident you are doing best a parent can because she will not give you the knowledge nor understand you need to help your child.
- University Of Medicine And Dentistry Of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
New York Presbyterian Hospital
Dr. Alice Chu accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER2
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsNyu Hospital For Joint Diseases, 301 E 17th St, New York, NY
Dr. Alice Chu is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.