Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Alina C Beaton
Dr. Alina C Beaton, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Pasadena, CA, with other offices in Sylmar, CA and Burbank, CA . She has 11 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Beaton is affiliated with UCLA Medical Center, Santa Monica. She speaks English.
Dr. Alina C Beaton has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 15
This is the worst doctors office i have ever had! i recently had a baby and I wanted know if it was ok to go back on the meds i had taken since i was a teenager & some thyroid meds i had been given while i was pregnant. after an unnecessary EKG and Several blood tests that the doctor ordered to see if I should go back on these medications, I NEVER heard back from the office. a few weeks later I called and was told she was on vacation and no one could tell me anything other than that she wrote me a script for vitamin d (a med that requires no script). i was told she would call upon her return. again i have yet to actually hear from her, but i have called myself several times and spent countless hours on hold just to find out results for tests SHE ORDERED. Finally (months later) her nurse said i could come get my scripts and today cvs says she wrote them on the wrong paper? 3 months later i'm in the same place i was to begin! so thanks dr beaton and your incompetent staff, great job :)
She always requests follow up appointments, even weeks after previous appointments, even though there is no medical necessity. It seems as if it is to generate excess income through extra visits.The office staff is composed of morons. I have been placed on hold for 10 minutes at a time, numerous times. When I request to speak to the doctor, I never get a call back. Often times my messages have gotten lost. It has taken weeks to get a prescription refilled, even after I just had a recheck.I do not recommend.
Br. Beaton is excellent with spending time with you. She cares about you and your health in getting it right. She goes the extra step to make sure you are getting the best diagnoses. The Staff can use some help. Short with you on the phone. Does not wait to see if you even want to be placed on hold. I recently called for information and on hold 10 minutes the first time, 7 minutes the second time and 5 minutes the third. I decided to drive there to get an answer and the crazy receptionist looked baffled as always.
It was very difficult to schedule an appointment at this office. I was placed on hold for long periods and then disconnected. When I finally did get through, I was told that they were short staffed. The wait time to see the doctor exceeded an hour and half. When my mother misplaced her prescription and called the doctor's office to see if they could call it in to the pharmacy, the receptionist was rude and told my mother she would have to make an appointment to see the doctor again. My mother finally did manage to speak to the doctor directly and she was equally rude and condescending. I do not recommend this doctor. The office is dingy, the staff is discourteous and the doctor herself lacks compassion and appropriate bedside manner.
Dr. Beaton is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
11 Years Experience
Keck School Of Medicine Of The University Of Southern California
Graduated in 2007
Olive View - Ucla Medical Center
Dr. Alina C Beaton accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA PPO
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Alina C Beaton is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pasadena, CA.