Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Alison J Rozansky has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Surgery
A pediatric surgeon is a qualified surgeon who has additional training in performing surgery on young patients, including fetuses (neonatal or fetal surgery), infants, children, adolescents and teenagers.
Because pediatric patients are still growing and developing, they are often more difficult to operate on than adults. These patients have smaller bodies and smaller organs requiring even more of a precise and measured approach by a surgeon.
Some of the conditions that may require the care of a pediatric surgeon are congenital malformations, such as cleft lip and palate, abdominal wall defects, like hernias, deformities of the chest wall, childhood tumors, like neuroblastomas and separation of conjoined twins.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
Dr Rozansky has been amazing. 3 boys and one girl keeps us in her office more often than I care to admit but Dr Rozansky always takes the time to explain what's going on and never makes the kids feel uncomfortable or nervous. In addition, her front office staff is buttoned up and always ready help.
My 14 year old son has seen Dr. Rozansky many times, and were it not for our last experience, I would be writing a positive review, even agreeing that she was worth the long wait that others have mentioned. But on our last visit, she saw something unusual on his X-ray (not related to why he was there), and sent him for an MRI. The radiologist was unclear with just the MRI and had him do a CTscan as well. They did not have a definitive diagnosis, but per the radiologist it was between two things, one of which was cancer. Dr. Rozansky was wonderful on the phone, but explicitly stated, "either way it has to come out," "it's too small to biopsy, they will just remove it surgically," "while there's still a possibility it's nothing, it's not likely." She even scheduled the appointment with the oncologist herself. We were grateful for her thoughtful and thorough response to the situation, and we trusted her belief in her radiologist. Needless to say, we were all very scared...And then we got to the oncologist and learned that the radiologist was wrong about everything, and that what Dr. Rozansky had told me to expect was entirely wrong. Per the oncologist, there was nothing of any significance wrong with him, there would not have been surgery without a biopsy, and the misread of the images was a huge error. While I'm grateful that Dr. Rozansky made the referral, and did what she thought was right with the information she had, ultimately she was wrong...and a simple phone call to us to acknowledge that, to acknowledge the radiologist's mistake, to acknowledge my son's fear, would have been the ethical thing to do. In addition, two days after the visit to the oncologist, I left a voicemail for her assistant Cisco, on which I inquired about the pt referral (for the injury he went in for), and I expressed my frustration with the misdiagnosis and asked that Dr. Rozansky call us back. A week went by and there was still no referral, and no call back. When I called again and did finally speak with Cisco, he denied receiving the voicemail, made excuses for the referral issue and in regards to "the scare" he condescendingly stated, "well, she got you to the right place." The irony is that they were all so wonderful when they believed something was potentially wrong with my son, but in their desire not to admit fault, they made a situation of simple human error --one that we were upset about but accepting of--feel much worse. A defensive and dismissive approach to mistakes, and no empathy for the patient's experience, is bad practice and bad business. It's a shame.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2010, 2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2016, 2010, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
11 Years Experience
Chicago Medical School At Rosalind Franklin University Of Medicine & Science
Graduated in 2007
Akron General Medical Center
Dr. Alison J Rozansky accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPrimary Care Sports Medicine, 5353 Balboa Blvd Ste 202, Encino, CA
Dr. Alison J Rozansky is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Encino, CA.