Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Alkesh N Patel MD
Dr. Alkesh N Patel, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY, with other offices in New Britain, CT and New York, NY . He has 11 years of experience. His specialties include Addiction Psychiatry, Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Patel is affiliated with Woodhull Medical And Mental Health Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Alkesh N Patel has 3 locations
Book Online Now
Dr. Alkesh N Patel has the following 3 specialties
- Addiction Psychiatry
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Alkesh N Patel has the following 13 expertise
- Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Sleep Disorders
- Mental Illness
Dr. Alkesh N Patel is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Self-verified patient of Dr. Alkesh N Patel - Posted on June 17th, 2015
Outstanding clinician. Great if you want a real good doctor who really can treat the person as a whole, someone who really knows medicine and psychiatry. Certainly not lazy or quick to turn you out the door. Really knows how to explain what's going on, and still empathic and not pill pusher. Go to him if your addicted or have medical and psych issues. Highly recommended :) not many psychs like him!
Dr. Patel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
11 Years Experience
Ross University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2007
Chicago Medical School At Rosalind Franklin University
Dr. Alkesh N Patel Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Alkesh N Patel's office for more information.
19 W 34th St New York, NY : (212) 604-1785
75 N Mountain Rd New Britain, CT : (860) 929-7720
275 7th Ave New York, NY : (212) 675-9332
Locations & Directions
Dr. Alkesh N Patel is similar to the following 4 Doctors near New York, NY.