Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Allen D Hall has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Allen D Hall has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. Allen D Hall is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 24
I went to see Dr Hall after learning my physician of 8 years had retired. I messaged him thorough the "mychart" feature regarding two prescription refills and was told to make an appointment to come in. I have several chronic medical conditions and had tried out one new med, which didn't workout, and needed a prescription for my old med renewed. I had one other, which is a narcotic, that also needed to be refilled. The doctor reviewed my current list of medications and keyed in on one and asked what it was for. After reading the other review on this doctor, I can see that he seems some aversion to patients being treated for ADHD. He made some kind of face and gesture after I responded. He agreed to refill one Rx but Went on to explain that a few bad apples had spurred changes in the medical world and that it was no longer possible to prescribe opiate pain medications with refills. I explained that I didn't need another refill. The last prescription was given to me in January of 2017. (I handed him the bottle) and that I had one half pill left. (It's now August) If he gave me a new one I could come back in six months for a new one. He refused to write the prescription. I accepted his refusal and asked what else I should do for the pain. After suffering a broken neck and several car accidents-the most recent accident left me unable to walk for days at a time; I simply needed help and some recourse should my injuries flare up. (All of my X-rays MRIs etc are in my file so my conditions are documented )He said he would suggest physical therapy or acupuncture. I explained that I had done physical therapy twice and that my insurance didn't cover acupuncture AND that I had paid $1,000 out of my own pocket for a round of non-standard treatments as I would rather employ holistic methods as opposed to taking meds. I explained that I no longer have $1,000 available to purchase more treatments. I asked what else he suggested. He said that he would not give me the prescription because he was not my primary physician. I asked if he was taking new patients. He said no which I see is a lie. His page at UC D says he is. I explained that I simply wanted help and a viable plan of action should my injuries flare. I am a single mother with a very demanding profession and schedule. I can not afford to be unexpectedly immobilized. He thrusted the pill bottle at me and said I AM DONE with this conversation and walked out. I was stunned shocked disgusted and so offended by his unprofessional behavior and treatment of me. I spoke to Chandra Davis , the office supervisor, who was very kind. She gave me a phone number to call but said that Hall is the Chief of the UCD Elk Grove facility and there is no one above him in that office. Since Hall has no higher-ups and he no boss to report to he feels free to exploit patients. I read the patients rights provided by the medical group. Hall violated at least three of my rights to care, service and collaborative medical treatment. I encourage anyone with a similar experience to report it. A medical professional who refuses to use standard appropriate medical practices to treat patience is useless and impotent at best. I hope the medical group does something about this man before someone gets injured or worse
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Hall is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
University Of California Davis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Uc Davis Medical Center
Dr. Allen D Hall accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Western Health Advantage
- Western Health Advantage
Locations & DirectionsUc Davis Medical Group, 8110 Laguna Blvd, Elk Grove, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Allen D Hall in this video.
Dr. Allen D Hall is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Elk Grove, CA.