Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Allen E Priest Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Allen E Priest Jr has the following 7 expertise
- Flu (Human Influenza)
- Weight Loss
Dr. Allen E Priest Jr has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 18
I have been seeing Doc Priest for about 15 years, he recommended him to friends. He takes the time to visit, usually gathering info from the conversation. His staff are one of the things that are good about the office. I always get follow up information from them. They a pleasant and helpful. I can get an appointment with in 24 hours (if not less) from calling in. As for his office furnishing, they are clean and well kept. It will be a sad day when he retires
My father and I are both fairly new patients of Dr Priest, switching to him based on a friends recommendation when our last doctor just upped and shut down his practice without warning. We have been very satisfied with his staff, Dr Priests diagnosis and bedside manner, he asks lots of questions and listens to you. The one thing that I find inconvenient is having to constantly make an appointment to have one of my prescriptions filled, but it's only for drugs that are narcotics, so I understand his thinking, I just never had another doctor that stringent, but if more doctors were like that we would probably have less people with prescription drug addictions.
Dr. Priest has failed in all areas. I've been a patient of his for 10+ yrs. and he has become rude, dis-concerned about your condition and I've viewed him insulting a patient in his office; very unprofessional. His staff is either of Ukranian or Russian descent and are occasionally unhelpful, their accent is very strong and its difficult to understand or explain anything to them without repeating yourself more than 2 times. His office is very outdated and unless he decides to retire, he should update it, his payment and filing system. I've since changed doctors.
Patients' Choice Award (2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Priest is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
50 Years Experience
University Of California Irvine School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1968
New York Presbyterian Hospital
Dr. Allen E Priest Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Western Health Advantage
- Western Health Advantage
Locations & DirectionsAllen Eugene Priest Jr Md, 6600 Mercy Ct Ste 210, Fair Oaks, CA
Dr. Allen E Priest Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fair Oaks, CA.