Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Allen South
Dr. Allen South, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Seattle, WA, with other offices in Seattle, WA and Seattle, WA . He has 47 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology and Gynecology. Dr. South is affiliated with Swedish Medical Center - Cherry Hill, Swedish Medical Center - Ballard and Swedish Edmonds Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Allen South has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
- Adolescent Medicine
- Anxiety Disorders
- Artificial Insemination
- Genital Warts
- Hot Flashes
- Hysterectomy (Uterus)
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Pelvic Pain
- STD (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- Urinary Incontinence
- Women's Health
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
I was unsure about having a male gynecologist, but did a ton of research and found that Dr. South was the best in his field in the area. I am glad that I decided to chose Dr. South. I cannot say enough about him and his entire staff. I was treated with respect and kindness. I required surgery for my gynecological condition and his expertise and knowledge put me at ease . I felt informed and involved every step of the way. If I had it to do over again I would chose Dr. South again. He truly is the best in the area in the field of gynecology.
Dr. South is great. He took the time to explain in detail the results of my tests/scans and answered all questions even when I did not quite understand everything or forgot what he said earlier. He is a kind doctor and my family liked his manner when they had questions - which he made sure to take the time to answer.
Dr. South is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Swedish Medical Center - Cherry Hill
Swedish Medical Center - Ballard
Swedish Edmonds Hospital
Swedish Health Services
Yakima Valley Mem Hosp, Yakima, Wa
Swedish Hospital and Medical Center
Swedish Hospital First Hill Campus
47 Years Experience
Graduated in 1966
Dr. Allen South accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Allen South in this video.
Dr. Allen South is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Seattle, WA.