Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Allison Spatz
Dr. Allison Spatz, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY. She has 25 years of experience. Her specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Spatz is affiliated with Hospital for Special Surgery. Dr. Spatz has received 5 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Allison Spatz has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Allison Spatz has the following 14 expertise
- Heart Block
- Heart Diseases
- Women's Health
- Heart Attack
- Unstable Angina
- Blood Clot
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Failure
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
Showing 5 of 37
My Mom has been a patient of Dr. Spatz for several years. She is caring, understanding and kind as well, as extremely knowledgeable. We leave her office knowing my Mom has been well taken care of and always with a smile of our faces. I wish there were more doctors like Dr. Spatz. I recommend her to everyone who need cardiac care. My Mom is in her 80's and Dr Spatz has always taken the time to ensure she answers all her questions and puts her at ease. She thinks out of the box when testing her since she has some medical conditions. Dr. Spatz has always gone above and beyond in referring us to other wonderful doctors if an issue was not in her field.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2014, 2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2017)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area (2017)
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area™ are specialists and primary care physicians who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top physicians in the New York Metro Area who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Spatz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of New York University
Graduated in 1993
New York Presbyterian Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsNy Cardiology Associates Pc, 425 E 61st St Fl 6, New York, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Allison Spatz in this video.
Dr. Allison Spatz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.