Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Allison L Vilhauer has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Allison L Vilhauer has the following 14 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Anxiety Disorders
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Allison L Vilhauer has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 8
I have been seeing Dr. Vilhauer for over 10 years. I love her. She must review her notes very well before she comes in, because it seems like we pick right up from the year before. Like she remembers all the details. Amazing. She also listens and will take as long as you need. Best doctor I have ever had. I have recommended her to several friends and they love her as well.
I have been a patient of Dr. Vilhauer's for several years now. She is absolutely wonderful! She takes time to talk to you, see how you are feeling, fully explains EVERYTHING to you, waits for your questions, is prompt at ordering tests and/or diagnostics, and genuinely cares about her patients. She is totally awesome and wonderful.
Dr Vilhauer is very current in latest trends and treatments. Her knowledge of pharmacology and care and comfort of her clients is stellar.Spends more than enogh time with clients and insures proper education of your condition as well as next steps. Also, holds patient accountable to be part of the on going solution to the problem.Very very good Doctor!
NCQA Diabetes Recognition Program
NCQA developed the Diabetes Recognition Program (DRP) to provide clinicians with tools to support the delivery and recognition of consistent high quality care. This voluntary program is designed to recognize clinicians who use evidence-based measures and provide excellent care to their patients with diabetes.
Patients' Choice Award (2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Bridges to Excellence: Diabetes Care Recognition Program
Millions of Americans have some form of diabetes, and millions more cases are undiagnosed. To encourage more effective treatment and management, Bridges To Excellence® worked with diabetes experts to develop
22 Years Experience
Oregon Health & Science University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
University Of Colorado Health
Dr. Allison L Vilhauer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net OR CommunityCare
- Health Net OR PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Moda Health Community Care Network
- Moda Health Connexus
- Moda Health First Choice Network
- Moda Health Synergy Network
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Regence Health Plans
- Regence OR Preferred Provider Network
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsThe Vancouver Clinic, 2525 NE 139th St, Vancouver, WA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Allison L Vilhauer in this video.
Dr. Allison L Vilhauer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Vancouver, WA.