Get the facts about non-healing wounds, including the different types and what causes wounds to resist healing.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Youth Sports Injuries Facts about youth sports injuries, including the causes and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Alonzo T Sexton Jr
Dr. Alonzo T Sexton Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Athens, GA, with another office in Athens, GA. He has 18 years of experience. His specialties include Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Sexton is affiliated with St. Mary's Hospital Athens. He speaks English.
Dr. Alonzo T Sexton Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Alonzo T Sexton Jr has the following 3 expertise
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Dr. Alonzo T Sexton Jr is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
i was hospitalized from a car accident because i didn't have a personal insuranc he refused to treat me didn't give orders for hospital staff. i had stitches in foot for over 30 days i am still in wheelchair for leg injuries. when came home he would not give home healthcare nurses any orders nor would he return their call (20 of them) by the way my car insurance paid the hospital over 150,000. plus all doctors. he told me in hospital i had the best care that my money could buy walked out did.t see again
Dr. Sexton is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
18 Years Experience
Emory University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Alonzo T Sexton Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Alonzo T Sexton Jr in this video.
Dr. Alonzo T Sexton Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Athens, GA.