Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Alyse Ley
Dr. Alyse Ley, DO is a Doctor primarily located in East Lansing, MI. She has 15 years of experience. Her specialties include Psychiatry, Neurology and Child Psychiatry. Dr. Ley is affiliated with Clinton Memorial Hospital, Sparrow Ionia Hospital and Sparrow Hospital & Health System. She speaks English.
Dr. Alyse Ley has the following 3 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Child Psychiatry
A pediatric/adolescent psychiatrist is a doctor who specializes in diagnosing and treating mental and emotional conditions in young children and adolescents.
These specialists study psychopathological disorders and their causes in order to prevent and identify them in their patients. These disorders may be caused by biological, psychosocial, genetic, demographic, or environmental factors, a patient's history, or any combination of these factors.
Pediatric/adolescent psychiatrists treat patients through a variety of interventions including medical treatment, behavior therapy, cognitive-behavior therapy, problem solving techniques, family therapy, parent training, psychodynamic therapy, and consultation with the patient's primary care physician or school professionals.
Dr. Alyse Ley has the following 14 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Depressive Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Alyse Ley has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Alyse Ley is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 9
Dr. Ley is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Clinton Memorial Hospital
Sparrow Ionia Hospital
Sparrow Hospital & Health System
15 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Alyse Ley accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
Locations & DirectionsMichigan State University Psychiatry Clinic, 909 Fee Rd, East Lansing, MI
Dr. Alyse Ley is similar to the following 3 Doctors near East Lansing, MI.