Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Amanda B Mcclung has the following 1 specialty
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
Showing 5 of 12
Dr McClung is wonderful! She did an excellent job with my triple hernia, a trifecta in her words :-) Her manner is friendly and competent, and she makes you feel completely at ease. When my wife needed an emergency gall bladder surgery, we requested Dr. McClung and she was excellent for that surgery as well. Highly recommended!
I went to Dr. McClung for double hernia surgery. This was my first surgery and I was a nervous wreck! She exuded confidence and had a very good bedside manner. Easy to communicate with and the nursing staff at the hospital loved her. I thought it would be awkward going to a female surgeon for inguinal hernia surgery being a make but she was very professional and made the experience as comfortable as possible. I highly recommend her. On a side note, she is very clean and took every precaution in my opinion to avoid infection and healing time!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
16 Years Experience
Marshall University Joan C Edwards School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Amanda B Mcclung accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCentral Virginia Surgery, 1906 Thomson Dr, Lynchburg, VA
Dr. Amanda B Mcclung is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Lynchburg, VA.