- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Amir T Awad has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
Dr. Amir T Awad has the following 13 expertise
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Endoscopic Ultrasound (Fetoscopy)
- Pancreatic Diseases
- Abdominal Pain
- Celiac Disease
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
Dr. Amir T Awad is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 10
Self-verified patient of Dr. Amir T Awad - Posted on June 21st, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Amir T Awad - Posted on March 13th, 2016
Be careful of what you say to this doctor; he doesnât like to answer questions or explain the rationale behind some of his treatments. He was very offended when I suggested I might seek a second opinion; a competent doctor should not feel threatened by this. Staff had great difficulty understanding my need for a sudden prescription re-fill because I was leaving town, and didn't understand that I couldn't see the doctor until I got back. Apparently that was not acceptable and Dr. Awad told me to leave his practice (fired me). He had put me on medications he insisted I had to take for the rest of my life. There was never any follow-up or guidance in the management of these medications. I subsequently found other gastroenterologists who offered the necessary guidance. I have never been treated by a doctor this poorly. This doctorâs group is assembly-line business production with very little flexibility for the patient. They do a good-enough job for acute care and initial consultancy, but for long-term care I do not recommend them.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Amir T Awad - Posted on December 15th, 2013
Self-verified patient of Dr. Amir T Awad - Posted on October 29th, 2013
It was very easy to get me in to see Dr Awad. I'm glad I did. He is a very skilled physician able to comfortably perform the most complicated procedures. I was terrified after learning that I had a lesion on my pancreas. Dr Awad performed a complicated procedure called endoscopic ultra sound, a procedure that only few gastroenterologists are able to perform. He was able to fix my problem. I do recommend him to all my friends.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
27 Years Experience
University Of Alexandria
Graduated in 1991
Dr. Amir T Awad accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Humana Tampa Bay CoreNet
- Humana Tampa Bay HUMx HMOx
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsWESTCHASE GASTROENTEROLOGY PA, 11912 Sheldon Rd Ste B, Tampa, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Amir T Awad, MD - Gastroenterology in Tampa, FL, in this video.
Dr. Amir T Awad is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Tampa, FL.