Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Facts about menorrhagia; causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Amreen Husain has the following 2 specialties
- Gynecologic Oncology
Gynecologic oncologists specialize in cancers that occur in the female reproductive system. This includes ovarian cancer, cervical cancer and endometrial cancer, as well as the less commonly talked about female reproductive cancers like vulvar cancer, vaginal cancer and fallopian tube cancer.
In addition to diagnosing the stage of your cancer and recommending treatment options, they’ll provide care throughout your treatment and help you manage your symptoms. They’ll often work closely with a pathologist and a radiologist to properly diagnose you and determine if your cancer is shrinking or spreading throughout treatment. They’re even trained to administer chemotherapy and to perform surgery to remove cancer when necessary.
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Hot Flashes
- Carcinoma in Situ
- Fallopian Tube Cancer
- Urethral Cancer
- Menstrual Pain
- Gestational Trophoblastic Cancer
- Pap Smear
- Women's Health
- Uterine Cancer (Uterine Cervical Neoplasm)
- Uterine Cancer (Endometrial Neoplasm)
- Germ Cell Cancer (Germ Cell and Embryonal Neoplasm)
- Child Birth
- Birth Control
- Female Genital Cancer
- Pelvic Exam
- Ovarian Cancer
- Vaginal Cancer
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
I would not recommend Dr. Amreen Husain if you want someone who is compassionate. My experience with her was one-time and I would not go back. She negatively judged who I was as a person within minutes of meeting and retaliated against me by humiliating me while I was stretched out in preparation for an "Internal." I expect more of a professional doctor, particularly a woman doctor who is supposedly a professional in gynecology. It saddens me to think she trains others in the field. I am not posting my name for fear there would be retaliation against me as a Stanford patient.
27 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 1991
New York Presbyterian Hospital
Dr. Amreen Husain accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Amreen Husain in this video.
Dr. Amreen Husain is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Stanford, CA.