The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Amy Batterman has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Skin Biopsy
- Basal Cell
- Acne Rosacea
- Skin Cancer
- Actinic Keratosis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 32
After 5 different prescriptions did not work, a biopsy and a fungus test, she did not explain the results just shrugged it off as though it was no concern of hers. I have asked for a copy of my reports and my records by phone and at the desk and was refused and told to fax the request. Now 2 years later I am still suffering with my problem.
I HAVE NEVER EVER HAD MET SUCH A DISRESPECTFUL AND UNCARING DOCTOR UNTIL I MET DR BATTERMAN. SERIOUSLY, SHE DOES NOT DESERVE THE TITLE. I DO NOT NORMALLY WRITE REVIEWS BUT I FEEL AFTER THE WAY I WAS TREATED IT WAS ABSOLOUTELY NECESSARY. AS FAR AS THE TWO POSITIVE REVIEWS BELOW, I AM QUITE SURE THEY CAME FROM HER. FIRST, SHE CANCELS HER APPOINTMENTS AND CALLS IN SICK LIKE IT IS NOTHING. HONESTLY, I HAVE NEVER COME ACROSS SOMETHING LIKE THAT WITH ANY DOCTOR? I MEAN OF COURSE THINGS DO HAPPEN BUT NOT AS OFTEN AS HER. SECOND, SHE SEEMED SO ANNOYED TO BE THERE, SCREAMS AT HER STAFF CONSTANTLY. DRINKS TEA OR COFFEE WHILE SHE IS SUPPOSED TO BE EXAMING YOU. I ASKED HER TO CHECK A MOLE FOR ME AND SHE SEEMED SO DISGUSTED!! I AM A WOMAN AND CHOOSE HERE BECAUSE MY INSURANCE OMPANIES WEBSITE SHE WAS THE ONLY WOMAN DERMATOLOGIST IN THE AREA. SHE TOLD ME THAT IT COULD NOT BE MELANOMA AND KIND OF DISMISSED ME. SHE BARELY LOOKED AT IT. MY MD IS THE ONE WHO TOLD ME TO SEE A DERMATOLOGIST BECAUSE OF THE MOLE & MY FAMILY HISTORY OF MELANOMA. FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY, I WOULD STRONGLY ADVISE YOU LOOK ELSEWHERE IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE SOMETHING SERIOUS!
Amy Batterman's office runs so poorly, it is beyond description. Don't count on her seeing you in an emergency situation. She simply doesn't care. And if she has an emergency, you are left to rot in the waiting room. The customer service is terrible and the medical care you receive is below par. Not only was I misdiagnosed but I referred to in a derogatory manner by the doctor herself. It was utterly unprofessional behavior. If you want to receive the best care possible and be treated with respect, go find another dermatologist.
35 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 1983
New York Medical College
Dr. Amy Batterman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBigajer & Tracer, 3131 Kings Hwy Ste D7, Brooklyn, NY
Dr. Amy Batterman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brooklyn, NY.