Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Amy S Churchill has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Amy S Churchill has the following 8 expertise
- Women's Health
- Weight Loss
Dr. Amy S Churchill is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
She has No bedside manner, treats office staffing like they are her slaves. Stand clear of Acton Medical, it is like a conveyor belt, all they want is the money!!!
Unprofessional and disappointed is an understatement. I had a routine cholesterol test done and when she called me back with the results, she said that they were high and she wanted me to come in to discuss going on medication, but that it could wait a week or two. Two days later I was in the hospital with excruciating pain and was diagnosed with acute pancreatitis. It was then that I found out that the cholesterol test was over 500 and by the time I got to the ER my cholesterol was over 1000! This was gross negligence on her part, as I was already on the road to pancreatitis in her office and if she had put me on medication immediately it was have stopped everything dead in it's tracks. I was hospitalized for a month between Emerson Hospital and Brigham and Women's, and ended up needing my gallbladder removed after I recovered from my hospitalization. Needless to say, I left her practice. I am only in my mid 20s and will be on medication for the rest of my life, thanks to her.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Dr. Churchill is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
17 Years Experience
University Of Connecticut School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Amy S Churchill accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsActon Medical Associates PC, 321 Main St, Acton, MA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Amy S Churchill in this video.
Dr. Amy S Churchill is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Acton, MA.