Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Amy I Whitsel has the following 2 specialties
- Maternal & Fetal Medicine
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Amy I Whitsel has the following 2 expertise
- Hot Flashes
Dr. Amy I Whitsel has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Amy I Whitsel is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
After seeing Dr. Whitsel during an inpatient hospital stay, she changed my plan of care several times and when I attempted to ask her the rationale she changed her mind again. I didn't pay too much attention to that and followed up after discharge. When I had my follow up ultrasound and appointment, she came up with a plan for delivery that my spouse and I were very nervous about. She came into the room and didn't know my EDD and I honestly do not feel like she really knew my background at all, prior to the hospital visit. We attempted to discuss this plan with her and all she said was that "this is the art of medicine". I discussed my concerns with my OB who then recommended that I set up another consultation with her, however, per her staff she did not want to see me and would discuss my "birth plan" with my OB. I'm currently still waiting for an answer and have no desire to see her again.
29 Years Experience
Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsGundersen Clinic Ltd, 8180 Clearvista Pkwy Ste 230, Indianapolis, IN
Dr. Amy I Whitsel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Indianapolis, IN.