Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Amy S Rutman has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
I've been with her for 11 years. It did take a bit for her to warm up (or her office had too many patients) but her bedside manner now is great and I don't at all feel like a number in the system.Amy is a good doc, intelligent and very nice and most importantly will re-prescribe prescriptions, listen and talk over the phone at times without a visit if she can. It's a very busy office and she is constantly out of town or booked solid, but the office won't leave you in the dark and you get seen by somebody, (although last time I went to the alternate urgent care office they had no idea and told me I had to see my doc!) Dr. Rutman is smart, very ethical, well educated and has a pristine record (I checked when I briefly worked for a doc that was not!) If you have an HMO like I do you kinda have to ask for certain test to be run and be your own advocate. They are a busy office and the point of HMO is of course to keep costs down so it can be a big guessing game and prolonged diagnosis for lingering issues. I wish she was more available and I still and trying to sort out my long term issues but for anything urgent she is the best. She won't diagnose anything actually unless she is absolutely certain. This can be annoying but is great for your medical record and keeping your premiums down. At times when I was told she can't talk on the phone or return a call she called me. It's gotten harder to get an appointment but that I assume is because she is in demand.She's not always up on the latest treatments and more rare conditions but for standard woman's issues and general health she is super.I can't switch insurance because I don't want to leave my doc. If I were to switch it would be a newer doc more eager to find the route of my long term issues despite and HMO plan, but for now I have referral docs for that. For pap smears and a pregnancy I would definitely want Dr. Rutman.
Dr. Rutman is great! From the time you enter to the time you exit the office everyone is kind and caring. She is the first doctor that I've been to that takes her time to talk to you and get a thorough medical history the first time you go. I felt like she really thought about my health needs and wasn't rushed to make a diagnosis. The appointments are long so that you never feel rushed and she's able to talk to you about multiple problems if needed. Her whole staff is great! She is absolutely wonderful!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2012, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016, 2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2014, 2015, 2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
33 Years Experience
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Rhode Island Hospital
Dr. Amy S Rutman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCedars Sinai Medical Group, 250 N Robertson Blvd Ste 606, Beverly Hills, CA
Dr. Amy S Rutman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Beverly Hills, CA.