Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Andrea M Abbott has the following 2 specialties
- Surgical Oncology
Surgical oncologists play various roles in treating cancer. They can perform biopsies to determine if a tumor is cancerous or not. If it is, they’re trained to remove the tumor, tissue, and in some cases, all or part of an organ or bodily structure where the cancer has spread. In addition to removing cancer, they can perform any reconstructive surgeries that may be necessary.
Many surgical oncologists specialize in certain types of cancer, such as liver, lung or breast. Don’t be afraid to ask them what they have the most experience treating. When looking for a doctor, it’s important to know that general surgeons are also qualified to perform many of the same surgeries. However, surgical oncologists have specific training in recognizing and treating cancer, which some patients prefer.
Dr. Andrea M Abbott is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 32
Self-verified patient of Dr. Andrea M Abbott - Posted on August 7th, 2018
I liked Dr. Abbott and had a good experience at MUSC
Self-verified patient of Dr. Andrea M Abbott - Posted on May 21st, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Andrea M Abbott - Posted on May 1st, 2018
I was diagnosed with melanoma and saw Dr Abbott. She explained everything very clearly and even showed me what my incision was going to look like. She took great care of me. I liked her office staff. Everyone was very kind. The day of the operation everything went smoothly. Great team at MUSC
Self-verified patient of Dr. Andrea M Abbott - Posted on April 26th, 2018
My friend recently saw Dr. Abbott for triple negative breast cancer and was treated at Hollings Cancer Center. She received chemotherapy upfront and just had her surgery by Dr. Abbott. She was wonderful! She took such good care of my friend before and after surgery. She was caring and very concerned about her care.
Caring and kind
Self-verified patient of Dr. Andrea M Abbott - Posted on April 25th, 2018
10 Years Experience
University Of Missouri Kansas City School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2008
University Of Minnesota Health Care System
Dr. Andrea M Abbott accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS South Carolina
- BCBS South Carolina
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMEDICAL UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH CAROLINA HOSPITAL, 171 Ashley Ave, Charleston, SC
Dr. Andrea M Abbott is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Charleston, SC.